Cake making tips for children
These are the tips that Betty Crocker wrote in her cookbook for boys and girls. They are age appropriate (10/11 year old) but they need to be interpreted as they are from long time ago.
1) Liquids and eggs should be about room temperature.
2) Use a wooden spoon for stirring.
3 )Always prepare cake pans by greasing thoroughly and dusting with flour.
4) Use a rubber scraper to keep spoon and bowl clean so batter will mix well.
5) Get the last of the batter out of the bowl with the rubber scraper.
6)Cake is done when a toothpick stuck into center comes out clean.
7)When two times are given in the recipe (as 20 to 25 minutes)set timer for first and see if cake is done.
8) Give extra time if needed.
9) Set pans on cooling racks when they come from the oven.
10) After 10 minutes turn cake from pans to finish cooling on racks.
11) Cakes are ready to ice when cool.
Other site where you can find recipes and tips about cake making: